RE: [Xen-users] Is Xen and Qemu serial driver code related ?

  • To: "Aleš Rom" <ales.rom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:44:40 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 06:44:59 -0800

> Thanks for your help. I'm running Xen on FC6, and xen was
> installed from
> rpm package.
> If I understand correctly I have to install xen source,  modify
> serial.c, rebuild xen (hopefully just qemu-dm) and run serial
> connection
> again. I'm NOT a programmer, but with a little help can do that. :)
> I'm really interested to debug this issue.

Yes, you'll need to get the sources (if you installed Xen as a package with
FC6, then I suggest you get the sources from the SRPM of FC6 too - in which
case you only need to rebuild qemu-dm - perhaps some other bits are needed to
build qemu-dm, but that should be fairly minimal).

--
Mats