Re: [Xen-users] RedHat Enterprise Linux RPM - PAE question

Also how is the xen that comes with the xensource RHEL RPMS compiled? PAE or non PAE?

On Feb 15, 2007, at 3:15 PM, Henning Sprang wrote:

On 2/15/07, Edward Muller <edwardam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need to rebuild the kernel that's provided with redhat RPMS. I
downloaded the xen source distro and used the kernel from there,

Hmm, rebuilding the rpm is not the same as using the xensource tarball?!

but
the system keeps rebooting with the following error:

PAE MODE MISMATCH BETWEEN XEN & DOM0

If the redhat kernel is the same as fedora, it is only pae-enabled, so
you need to build with PAE. I never did that, I'm guessing this is
configured in config.mk.

Alternatively you can download the pae-enabled binaries from xensource.

For rebuilding your rpms, which you probably need to fulfil
dependencies fo some of the redhat-specific tools, and to get newer
kernel versions, ask the redhat support/fedora lists.

Henning

Edward Muller
Interlix, LLC
Owner