[Xen-users] Creating a Xen image from HDD partition

Hello,

I know that this is fairly straightforward & supposedly documented elsewhere, but damned if I can find the info using Google.

I have a "stock" CentOS 4.4 installed on /dev/sda3 (with a RHEL install on /dev/sda2). How should I create a xen-usable loop image from the CentOS partition?

Would the following (paraphrased) command work from RHEL ...?

dd if=/dev/sda3 of=/path/to/file.img

I understand that certain directories, like /boot, /proc & a couple of others should NOT be in the image. Is there a full list?

TIA for any help you are able to provide!

Y.