Re: [Xen-users] Possible Broadcom-related problem?

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> I fixed this problem with IBM HS20 blades by upgrading the broadcom NIC
> firmware. You can check IBM support site for version information..

As far as I can tell, the one blade I've upgraded is now running the
latest firmware, though I don't know how to confirm that.  Is there
any way to check that you know of?  The Intel driver update requires a
DOS boot floppy which isn't too simple when the unit is 200 miles away.
At least IBM distribute one that runs under Linux (though it doesn't
want to work for me).  Is restarting the network interfaces all that's
required to use the new firmware?

James