Re: [Xen-users] dumping state of a hung domU

Hi,

>Akio Takebe, le Tue 27 Feb 2007 17:10:41 +0900, a 馗rit :
>> You can use xenctx to see registers of the domU.
>> xenctx is in /usr/lib/xen/bin.
>
>It just tells me
>cannot trace dom0

Yes, it is for domU, but it is very useful.
Do you want to get registers of domU?

>> And you can make the domain crash by using "xm sysrq or xm trigger".
>
>My domU isn't Linux, so it doesn't react to sysrq. Trigger is not known.

trigger was applied in xen-unstable laterly.
trigger is for hvm domain.
I don't know we can use trigger on x86

>> If you want coredump, you can use "xm dump-core <domU>".
>
>This is not known either.
>
>Maybe I have to old tools? (3.0.2)

3.0.2 is very old.
dump-core is for domU.
If you want dom0 dump, you can use kexec of xen,
then get dom0 dump by using dom0cut tool.
Xen 3.0.4+ have kexec feature.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe