[Xen-users] Slackware 11.0 dom0 won't boot on latest Xen

I ran into this problem...

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-11/msg00893.html

i also tried everything under the sun for 4 days got nowhere, i was using Xen-3.0.4-1 trying all versions source and install, the current latest release for reason slackware 11.0 don't like it.

What i found is that using Xen-3.0.2-install which i also use on ubuntu dapper, the install goes without a hitch. As much as i am happy i now have it working i would still like to understand the reasons why. Can anyone help me shed some light on the matter.

Also this is my 1st post on a mailing list if anyone can tell me how i reply to an old post that would be handy too. Would have been nice to keep this problem under one subject.

Thanks in advance,
Geoff