Re: [Xen-users] Running scripts on domU create/shutdown?

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 09:45:29PM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:

>   So two questions:
>
>     1.  Is there a simple method to get the domain name
>        from the ID, short of parsing "xm list N"?

Hi Steve

I think what you might be looking for is:

    xenstore-read ${XENBUS_PATH}/domain

If you take a look at the output of xenstore-ls you'll see there is a
whole tree of data that can be queried. Pretty useful!

>     2.  Would this kind of startup/shutdown hook be useful
>        to others, and if so would a patch be applied?  (I'm
>        happy to submit my code.)

I'm too new to xen to offer a useful opinion on this one. Sorry.

Dig you're tutorials over at debian-administration!