Re: [Xen-users] Xen, multiple NICs, VLANs and a headache!

matt wanless wrote:
> The config I'm aiming for is to have one physical NIC on each physical
> server for management (eth1), and the other to be a VLAN trunk with all the
> environment VLANs on it (each env lives in it's own VLAN). I've got the
> VLANs working fine on Domain0 (config below...)

VLAN and xen proves to be a bit tricky at the moment. Our setup is
somewhat similar to yours (but with xen 3.0.4 compiled from source).
Ee found that on two of our servers the only way to get a stock xen
install to work with VLAN is to start xend before the network, stop the
network and xend, start xend and network again.
problem seems to be the way the scripts add the interfaces to the bridges.

One could write custom scripts for the bridges that fits your network
setup, which we ended up doing on another server.
Perhaps this won't be necessary with future versions of xen...

br,
/Håkan