RE: [Xen-users] Effect of installing Xen on VT enabled machine

  • To: "Praveen Kushwaha" <praveen.kushwaha@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:53:19 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 03:52:50 -0800

No, you should install Windows AGAIN, this time in the Virtual machine.

> 2. Now install xen on machine (first linux then xen)

This is the FIRST step.

> 3. Now create domU for windows using the image file(Give the
> path image
> file which is on disk in creation of domu).

That sounds right. And by the way, if you wish to pass the original
Windows installation as a physical disk to your Windows domU, you can do
that too, and it can then be used as to store files - you just don't
start the Windows installation that is on there. If you do things right,
you can probably run  most applications you have on the already existing
installation too - but some applications become unhappy when you change
the environment around them, so may not work [also, apps that install
.DLL's into the Windows directory will need to have the relevant DLL's
re-installed on your Guest installatin].

--
Mats