[Xen-users] Guest installation problem.

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Anuj Bhatt" <anuj.bhatt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 18:37:37 +0530
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 05:07:01 -0800

Hi,

I am a newbie to Xen and so this doubt may baffle a few. Anyways, I
installed xen 3.0.3 from the tarball on Ubuntu Dapper Drake. I even
configured a guest file of the same kernel, only the xenU verison. It
worked fine and I was given a sh prompt.

My problem now is that I want to get some other kernel as guest. I did
try fc6 since that's the other OS I have on my box. However, I got
that Error 22 error which is probably because of PAE related issues as
I read up somewhere.

So the *actual* problem is, I have ISOs to SUSE10. Is there some way I
can have the kernel as guest. The ISOs are on a dvd. Is it just a
matter of a config file? If so can you please post a template of the
same. Is there any link which clearly explains the procedure? I
searched around a *lot* and failed to find anything.

Thanks a ton, in advance.

--
Regards,
Anuj Bhatt.