[Xen-users] Strange issue: DomU not saving when using direct HW access, plus non-working after restart

Hi Everyone,

I do have a real strange problem here:

My environment: Xen 3.02 on SuSE 10.1

In dom0 I disable eth0 with the following lines in /etc/init.d/boot.local:
/sbin/modprobe pciback
/bin/echo -n 0000:01:00.0 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/e1000/unbind
/bin/echo -n 0000:01:00.0 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/new_slot
/bin/echo -n 0000:01:00.0 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/bind

Than I start my domU with the following parameters:
[...]
pci = [ '01:00.0' ]
dhcp = 'dhcp'
[...]

Basically every thing's fine so far. domU is booting a accessing the net via dhcp over it's HW assigned eth0.

But when I reboot dom0 it tries to save domU (which seems to be OK).
After rebooting dom0 starts to restart domU which fails and results in a "cold boot" of domU (incl. file check etc on its boot).

Now if I try to save and restore the domU manually it fails and I get this messages:
Error: pci: Invalid config setting bus: none

Even stranger:
If I then try to start domU manually with xm create domU -c, dhcp is just not working! domU finds the assigned HW (eth0) but is not able to set up the network at all! And I can't get domU back to work until I reboot the whole system (dom0) completely!

Any ideas?

Regards
Falko