Re: [Xen-users] Xen Not Support multi-cpu??

Hi,

That info is out of date, Xen ha supported SMP guests throughout the 3.x
series, so it should work fine for you.

It's normal to run dom0 as a UP guest though, since this is often only used
for IO.  Dedicating a core or hyperthread to it can improve performance.

Cheers,
Mark

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 00:44, Xin Chen wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I just saw this from xen wiki-faq.
>

>     4.3. When I boot vmlinuz-xen0, why doesn't it detect my second CPU?
>
> You may expect the initial Linux instance to detect all your CPUs, but
> this is never the case. Your secondary CPUs will have been detected by
> Xen, but we do not currently support multi-CPU virtual machines, so
> vmlinuz-xen0 can only see one CPU. Of course, you can create extra VMs
> and run them on your other CPUs. Support for multi-processor VMs is in
> the pipeline.
>

> does that mean xen doesn't support 2 cpus??
>
> man..
>
> thanks in advance!
> xin

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.