Re: [Xen-users] graphic card on domU

  • To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • From: Abe <lynchbay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:16:34 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 03:15:40 -0700

On 3/15/07, Petersson, Mats <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Please don't cross-post unless you KNOW it's meaningfull for both Xen
devel and Xen users. This is not a Devel question.

I wasn't sure where to send my question.
sorry.

> is it possible to run a paravirtualized linux (domU) that its
> graphic card is working directly with hardware? what about
> the peripherals? mouse,keyboard,usb?
> how can this be accomplished if domain0 does not hold of a
> graphic card driver?

Dom0 almost certainly will grab the graphics card before you have any
say about it.

You could POSSIBLY get away with a second graphics card for DomU.

USB mouse/keyboard can be given to DomU if they are on a separate USB
controller so that you can pass the entire USB controller to DomU.

I actually removed the graphic card driver from domain0... and I
removed X as well
what about the PS2?

thanks!

--