Re[2]: [Xen-users] Networking doesn't work

Hello jez,

Thanks for your reply...much appreciated.

Friday, March 16, 2007, 7:56:31 AM, you wrote:
j> Networking docs are on the wiki:

j>    http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking

j> Quite complicated though!

I skimmed that but it didn't tell me much.  I'll read it in detail...

j> This doesn't look quite right. You're missing some entries that would
j> usually appear in a default setup. Can you give me the following
j> information:

j> 1. Output from "brctl show" on Dom0

# brctl show
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif3.0

I tried manually adding eth0 on dom0 to the bridge, and that just
broke the networking completely.

j> 2. The entries for:

j>        (network-script  ???)
j>        (vif-script  ???)
j>     in your /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp

Unchanged from default:
  (network-script network-bridge)
  (vif-script vif-bridge)

j> 3. Entries for 'vif' in your domain configuration files if they don't
j>    just look like:

j>        vif = [ '' ]

Just like that - unchanged from default.

j> 4. Also, can this machine still ping other machines on your network in
j>    it's preset state?

I only have dom0 and one domU.  dom0 and domU canot ping each other.

j> 5. Are you using a version of xen that came with your distro or did you
j>    download it yourself? And if 'distro version', then what distro are
j>    you running?

Distro is Centos 4.4.

I downloaded the RPMs from xensource.org.

On dom0:
# rpm -qa | fgrep xen
kernel-xen-2.6.16.33-3.0.4.1
xen-3.0.4.1-1