Re: [Xen-users] dom0 networking disabled

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Kirk Brown" <kbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 07:02:27 -0500 (CDT)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 05:01:39 -0700

Hi jez, thanks for the advice - it worked perfectly. To clarify for others
having the same problem - I was using the xen bridge script which would
kill the networking for Dom0, but work with the DomU's. The fix was to
*not* use xen's bridging.

My original /etc/network/interfaces looked like this:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

and in the xend-config, I had:
(network-script network-bridge)

The fix was to set up the bridge directly in /etc/network/interfaces by
changing eth0 to:

auto xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet static
        address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
        bridge_ports eth0

and use the network-dummy in xend-config:
(network-script network-dummy)

Reboot and everything comes up OK.

Thanks again!