[Xen-users] why my virtual server doesn't boot when I reboot

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Paul Archer <parcher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:10:15 -0500 (CDT)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:09:29 -0700

I put the file xmdeconfig in the auto directory:

-------
[root@charon xen]# ln -s xmdefconfig /etc/xen/auto/
------

I don't understand why my virtual server doesn't boot when I reboot Dom0?

Thanks for your help

Patrice

This looks like it may be a simple Unix command problem. When you run 'ln -s',
the source (in this case, 'xmdefconfig') has to be in the form of the path from
the destination (in this case, '/etc/xen/auto').
My guess is that if you look at /etc/xen/auto/xmdefconfig, it's not pointing to
the right place.
TIP: if the source (first arg) of an ln -s is a relative path name, then always
run your ln -s from the destination directory:
# cd /etc/xen/auto
# ln -s ../xmdefconfig .

Paul