Re: [Xen-users] Allocate xm sched-credit at boot time?

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:29:07 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 01:27:34 -0700

Kraska, Joe A (US SSA) wrote:
Centos 5 will mirror Redhat, as far as I know, EXACTLY, except
with the proprietary parts removed. I haven't installed RHEL5 GA
yet, but I was told it was Xen 3.0.3.

This is their Standard Operatng Procedure. Tools that significantly benefet from being more recent versions are set aside and put in a distinct sub-repository called "centosplus". For CentOS 4.4, they included the kernel with NTFS and other newly reliable features enabled, MySQL 5 and PHP 5 instead of the RHEL 4 standards of MySQL 4 and PHP 4, a significantly more recent HTTPD, Perl 5.8.8 instead of the increasingly out-of-date and difficult to compile CPAN modules for Perl 5.8.5, etc.

I'd expect this to continue: in fact, the centosplus repository is a godsend for RHEL administrators who need more recent versions of such tools. I'm unclear whether Xen will wind up in there, but if there are significant enhancements to it in the next few years, I'd be willing to work towards such a toolset.