RE: [Xen-users] smp in xen

That's not right. Fully virtualized system can run any number of CPU's
from 1 to 32.

> If I want to split 4cpu machine that some domU should have
> access to all
> cpus and some to just some, I have to use the paravirtual mode only,
> right?

No, you can use either PV or HVM mode for any of those guest (any mix
you like - 1 CPU PV, 2 CPU HVM and a second 2CPU PV for example - or if
you like to show someone your mega-machine without actually having one,
try setting VCPUS=16 in your config file for a HVM guest, and show them
the task-manager or "cat /proc/cpuinfo" - it will look like you have 16
CPU's).

--
Mats