[Xen-users] Re: DomU Disk-Intense Operations kill Xen-Server?

Just a few additions...

setting the filesystems (mount) to sychronuous mode doesn't help very
much. It helps for quite small write commands (such as dd without bs
addition) where a A64 4600+ raises to 70%CPU load in Dom0 until it falls
down to 20% when whatever-cache-is-missing is written to disk. When using
the "bs" part in "dd" (eg. bs=128k) you see "xm top" raise Dom0-CPU to 30%
when you are lucky and then the system freezes.
Seems like "something" has trouble _writing_ _big chunks_ of data _at once_.
When copying big files, everything is fine. Seems like read/write
operations do not harm - but pure massive write seems to kill "something"
- my bad that I can't figure out what gets broken...

This isn't supposed to be a drbd-Problem itself because it DOES work when
doing a dd in Dom0 into the same mount; but the problem does also not
occur when using NO drbd - maybe Xen DomUs do have problems with quite
slow (10MB/sec) disks?

I am somewhat helpless... :(

Regards, Bigfoot29