Re: [Xen-users] GFS or ocfs2

If you were to use RHEL 5 or it's freely available clone CentOS 5 you would
probably want to use GFS, as that's the cluster FS RedHat prefer.

The advantage of this *might* be that Xen is also bundled with the OS, so (at
least in theory) somebody might have made some effort to make the two work
together.

I've not had a chance to try this out yet, so it's just a random
suggestion ;-)

Cheers,
Mark

On Monday 19 March 2007 11:54, Tim Post wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 11:36 +0100, benjamin henrion wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I've to choose between 2 Shares files system installing on Dom0 to
> > share between 3 DomU in full-Virt mode....
> > I think i may choose GFS file system ...
> > What is your advice about this choice???
> > Thanks for your advice.
>
> Don't use a CFS on dom-0, use a CFS within driver domains (guests). If
> dom-0 is a member, you run a very high chance of it rebooting
> unexpectedly due to heartbeats. A reboot on dom-0 can take 30+ guests
> (and their file systems) for a spin.
>
> I *highly* recommend ocfs2 over GFS for simplicty, reliability and ease
> of use, its only a few keystrokes away on any 2.6 + system. The
> configuration is much, much easier as well.
>
> I  don't much care for the RH cluster suite. But, just one Xen user's
> opinion :) I should also note I'm a Debian(ish) user. Of the 5 size-able
> clusters I have on line, 4 are using ocfs2 and I'm about to convert the
> fifth.
>
> GFS had an inode vulnerability a few months back that didn't get as much
> mention as it should (that I saw), you may want to check to be sure
> that's been fixed. It had to do with a user creating a mass amount of
> randomly named files just a few bytes long, then deleting them.
>
> Best,
> --Tim

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!