RE: [Xen-users] domU crash

  • To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • From: phcolaris <phcolaris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:55:25 +0000
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 03:54:25 -0700

> The first failuer is that the guest is either executing garbage, or
> using an instruction that is not supported by Xen. I'm not 100% sure if
> anyone has been able to boot Solaris 10 on HVM. This may be something
> that needs fixing in the hypervisor.

I did run solaris in 3.0.3, but I couldn't add vcpu to gest (always just
1cpu in guest). on your recommendation I did this new installation of
3.0.4 which should have better support of HVM.

The same problem/behaviour occur with linux/windows.

I'm not sure with the unstable version. I want reasonable stable host
server to run few guests and I don't want to end up in changing that
every another day.
and I want to avoid VMware... but I'm running out of time

I bet you're not running the latest version of Xen, eh? It's actually