Re: [Xen-users] Xen and SAN : snapshot XOR live-migration ?

Siim Vahtre wrote :
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Franck ELIE wrote:

Please tell me if I am wrong :

Xen needs LVM to perform domU snapshots and snapshots must be performed by dom0.

I'm confused. Why Xen would need LVM to perform any snapshots at all?

OK, I forgot to say that for me, LVM snapshot seems to be a good solution in order to perform a pseudo transparent backup (without to shutdown or to perform a "pause" of the domU). But if we do not need to keep domU up 24h/24h, it is possible to use other way to perform snapshots ; for example with a basic "xm pause" ; copy of domU ; "xm unpause" (if you do not have databases, etc.)

 Franck