[Xen-users] How to make network storage high available?

Hello xen-users

I have a test setup with 2 xen-hosts and 1 storage host which works nicely. Block devices are exported from the storage host using open iscsi, migration works.

So far so good.

Now storage is a single point of failure and I want to avoid such.

I read a lot on the mailing list archives and all solutions I found about how to make storage high available consist of at least 3-5 components like GFS, ocfs2, iscsi, LVM, CLVM, lustre, DRBD, heartbeat and so on. The list of possibilities seems almost endless and each one is quite a challenge not only to set up, even more to handle later on.

What I would like to know is how people really use Xen guests on network storage and how they make storage high available. Any "easier" setups?

I am aware that this is somewhat asking for a lot without seeming to want to do a lot for it, but I thought that asking couldn't mind.

I like things simple and the setups I found in tutorials seem very complex to handle. They may work out of the box from such a tutorial, but what to do when something fails? So that's kind of why I ask.

Regards
Dominik