Re: [Xen-users] USB printer not working in a Linux domU

you'have better to share your printer with a cups in dom0

cheers

Yves-Gaël Chény

Craig Metz a écrit :
  I am trying to get a USB printer to work in a Linux domU. I am using Xen
3.0.3 and the Xen Linux kernel 2.6.16.40. I have hidden the USB controller's
PCI devices from dom0 and exported them to domU, and build the domU kernel
with the necessary device support. When I boot the xenU kernel, it lists an
error from the USB printer class code that allocating a write buffer failed.
This is an 8k buffer, and I have checked that it's not a real out-of-memory
issue by feeding the domU more and more memory. Digging in a bit, it appears
that the code is allocating a DMA buffer.

  Could this be encountering a code path that got replaced by Xen
architecture code, code that in this case isn't working as expected?

  Has anyone gotten a USB printer to work in a Linux domU? If so, could you
tell me what needs to be done to make this work?

  Here are the errors I'm getting:

PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:1f.4 (0000 -> 0001)
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1f.4 to 64
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1f.4: UHCI Host Controller
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1f.4: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1f.4: irq 10, io base 0x0000e800
usb usb2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
hub 1-2:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-2:1.0: 4 ports detected
usb 1-2.2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
usb 1-2.2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb 1-2.3: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-2.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb 1-2.4: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
usb 1-2.4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: out of memory for write buf
usblp: probe of 1-2.3:1.0 failed with error -5
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: out of memory for write buf
usblp: probe of 1-2.4:1.0 failed with error -5
usbcore: registered new driver usblp
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: v0.13: USB Printer Device Class driver

  Thanks,

                                                                        -Craig

Yves-Gaël Chény
Responsable développements techniques
Responsable Achats techniques
Responsable RH technique

261 route de Clisson 44230 St Sébastien sur Loire
Tel : 02 40 97 62 67 - 08 73 77 24 91
http://www.tranquilitsystems.com/
yves-gael.cheny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tranquil IT Systems . SAS 37 000 ¤