RE: [Xen-users] xen on Debian amd64 + Windows XP 32-bit

  • To: "Konstantinos Pachopoulos" <kostaspaxos@xxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 17:37:43 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 08:37:23 -0700

There may be more information in the "xm dmesg", but my first
inclination would be to disable APIC (change apic=1 to apic=0 in the
configuration file shown above).

This is because the APIC version of Windows uses an instruction that
isn't supported by the older versions of Xen (older than a few weeks
that is). If that doesn't help, try a fresh reboot and send the output
from "xm dmesg" (if you know what to look for, just cut out the last
relevant lines of a recent one, but if you're not sure what's relevant
and what's not, just reboot the machine and send the whole thing).

--
Mats