Re: [Xen-users] vncviewer configuration problem

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 08:14:07PM +0530, trilok nuwal wrote:

>    My host machine is remote machine, and i am accessing this through ssh. So
>    in this case i should mention
>    vnclisten = '<my machine ip>'
>    What i understand from your mail. Is it correct ?

  Yes.

>    Because from xend.log, i came to know that bydefault vnclisten is set to
>    '127.0.0.1 only as below.

  Right.  Thats your problem then.

  You could use ssh port-forwarding to forward the connection from the
 remote host to the local machine, then connect to that securely as
 follows:

  [remote machine]
    xm create ...

  [local machine]
    [setup forward to remote]
    ssh -L 5900:localhost:5900 -N username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    [start viewer]
   xvncviewer 127.0.0.1:5900

  (This might be too much complexity; but it is preferable to having
 VNC listening on a public-facing machine with no password/firewall/ACL
 in the way ..)

Steve