[Xen-users] Xen download "damaged"??

Hi,

For 2 days I'm trying to get the precompiled version of Xen working [1].

I guess 90% of the users need IDE support. I also guess that most users
will use ext3 instead of ext2.

Both things are NOT compiled into this release.

That's no problem, I created an initrd (as proposed in the README!) with:

# mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd-2.6.16.33-xen.img 2.6.16.33-xen

But this does not work either. I get a kernel panic in [2] although I
used the most general configuration possible: /dev/hda1 formatted with
ext2, grub and a simple IDE controller.

After looking at the kernels .config I saw that not even cramfs (needed
for an initrd) is compiled in!

Is there any way to get Xen working except manually creating an initrd
with ext2?

Maybe this is a bug? I can't imagine that the release really doesn't
want to include the most important stuff!
I think the precompiled version is especially for beginners who don't
want to compile a kernel. But especially beginners won't ever get Xen
working with this kernel .config!

I'm surprised that I can't find anything on the web concerning this issue!

Thank you very much for any advice!

Best Regards,
Niki

[1]