RE: [Xen-users] A fundamental doubt.

  • To: "Anuj Bhatt" <anuj.bhatt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 15:27:16 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 06:26:44 -0700

Xen doesn't automatically export pen-drives (or any other removable
media) to the guests. You can manually attach a block-device (e.g. a
pen-drive) with "xm block-attach dom location". If you want to share the
device, you'll need to have it in read-only mode, as Xen doesn't support
(as a general rule) multiple writes to the same device.

If you do "xm block-attach" there will be both hypercalls and events
involved in informing the guest of the new device appearing.

--
Mats