Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.4 +HVM Linux +NIC problem

Nagy Zolt?n M?rk <moho.jojo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I have installed the Xen 3.0.4 onto a Dell server.
>  The processor included in the server supports the HVM.
>  I have made a linux domain which works just fine in HVM.
>  The only problem with it is that with every startup the name of the NIC
> changes.
>  At the first startup its name was eth0 and now it says eth7, but i
>  always want it with the name eth0.

Assign the ethernet interface a constant MAC address in the config
file.

>  vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0, vifname=vif1.0' ]

put something like mac = ... in here I think

then tidy up in /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules

--
Nick Craig-Wood <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick