Re: [Xen-users] Is Xen only in guests slow (tls.disabled)

> Is Xen 32-bit non-pae not affected of the slow gests problem?
> Sorry a lot of questions, I am xen newbi...

Non-PAE is also affected: any 32-bit paravirtualised Linux on an x86_32
hypervisor will be affected.

64-bit fixes the problem for both 64-bit and 32-bit paravirt guests.  Other
architectures didn't have this problem in the first place.

It originally occurred because 32-bit x86 Xen and 32-bit x86 glibc both do
weird things with segmentation - and they don't coexist well as a result.
SuSE just remove the segmentation trick from glibc, as it has negligible
performance impact.

Alternative packages are available for other distros.  I think RedHat's glibc
might be able to switch modes for optimum performance on Xen or bare metal,
but I may be misremembering...

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.