RE: [Xen-users] vcpus questions!

  • To: "Rodrigo Lord" <lord.listas@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:34:15 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 05:41:24 -0700

You should be able to use more than 8 VCPU's in one guest - however, you
can't use more VCPU's at any given time than the number of physical
cores in the machine, so to run more than 8 VCPU's at once, you need
something like a
4-socket machine with quad-core processors or 8-socket machine with dual
core processors (or 16 socket machine with single core processors)
[assuming we take the standard 2^n processor configurations - of course
there are several permutations of odd-number sockets that would also
allow more than 8 VCPU's].

Note that also some OS's have limits of how many CPU's they allow in any
particular distribution/configuration, so this may also limit the number
of CPU's actively working.

--
Mats