[Xen-users] Problem: mount: none already mounted or /dev/pts busy ??

Hi guys, I have been using xen for a while. Till now I never had
problems but today as i wanted to install a new Guest (domU), there was
and still is a problem. Im using xen in combination with lvm.

Xen3.04(2.6.16.33) on Debian Sarge

I installed Debian (etch) on some LVM-Volumes. The following shows my
/etc/fstab for the new guest.

#/etc/fstab
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/hda2 /usr ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/hda3 /home ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/hda5 /var ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/hda6 /tmp ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/hda7 none swap sw 0 0

Accordantly to this I created the following guest-config

#/etc/xen/vm_dummy.sxp
name="vm_dummy"
kernel="/boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xenU"
root="/dev/hda1"
memory=384
disk=[
'phy:/dev/lvg1/dummy_root,hda1,w',
'phy:/dev/lvg1/dummy_usr,hda2,w',
'phy:/dev/lvg1/dummy_home,hda3,w',
'phy:/dev/lvg1/dummy_var,hda5,w',
'phy:/dev/lvg1/dummy_tmp,hda6,w',
'phy:/dev/lvg1/dummy_swap,hda7,w'
]

# network
vif=[ '' ]
dhcp="off"
ip="88.198.XXX.XXX"
netmask="255.255.255.248"
gateway="88.198.XXX.XXX"
hostname="dummy"
extra="3"
I set it up like always but it doesnt work. There are some other guests
which are all working and set up in the same way. I really cant see what
the problem is?

Thats what I get when i try to start the guest. The startup works fine
till the following point:
Setting kernel variables...done.
Mounting local filesystems...mount: none already mounted or /dev/pts busy
mount: according to mtab, devpts is already mounted on /dev/pts
mount: special device /dev/hda2 does not exist
mount: special device /dev/hda3 does not exist
mount: special device /dev/hda5 does not exist
mount: special device /dev/hda6 does not exist
failed.
Activating swapfile swap...done.
Setting up networking....
Configuring network interfaces...done.
/etc/rcS.d/S55bootmisc.sh: line 28: /var/run/utmp: No such file or directory
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
INIT: Switching to runlevel: 0slogd
INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal
error: '/etc/init.d/rc' exited outside the expected code flow.
Saving the system clock..
Stopping kernel log daemon: klogd.
Stopping system log daemon: syslogd.

The system hangs at the last message "Stopping system log daemon:
syslogd." and I cannot do anything about it?

I hope one of you guys can help me out.

Cheers,

gnatbite