[Xen-users] Clock problem with FC6 full-virt guest dom

Hi,
I am running RHELv5 (x86_64)on a dual-xeon Dell 1950.  DomU is 32-bit Fedora
Core 6, running fully virtualized.

System time as reported by 'date' jumps back and forth, sometimes by a few
seconds, sometimes a few minutes.  I have noticed a couple strange things:

'hwclock' hangs until finally reporting,
[root@guest ~]# hwclock
select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out

Also, very often running applications, yum for example, will hang for long
periods of time - strace shows the hang at a nanosleep() call.  Running
'sleep 2' will produce wildly differing results.  Rebooting the guest OS
will help for a while, then the instabillity returns over the next couple of
hours.

Um, I don't even know where to go with this.  I can reproduce this stuff
whether running ntpd or not (ntpd should be ok on a fully virtualized host
right?)  Dom0 is running ntp.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Uname info:
Linux host 2.6.18-8.1.1.el5xen #1 SMP Mon Feb 26 20:51:53 EST 2007 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Linux guest 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 #1 SMP Tue Apr 10 18:46:45 EDT 2007 i686
unknown