RE: RE: [Xen-users] Bad network performance between VMs in a doma in.

  • To: zvoice@xxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:38:38 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 04:41:31 -0700

And how is the cores distributed between Dom0 and the two DomU's, are all using
"any", or are the cores dedicated to a particular domain? If not, you may want
to reduce the number of cores for Dom0 to 1 or 2, and set a dedicated core for
each DomU. Setting Dom0 can be done with "xm vcpu-set" or modifying
/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp (dom0-cpus n) where n is the number of CPU's for Dom0.
If this number is zero, Dom0 has all CPU's in the system, and that will not be
the ideal solution.

Setting "cpus=[2-3]" or "cpu=2" in the config file will restrict which cores
your DomU runs on.

--
Mats