[Xen-users] network settings

Hello,

Despite of reading a lot of descriptions I don't understand the network
configuration. I simply have too little experience.

I work remote with the machine via ssh. My dom0 is running.

I copied an existing installation into a LV and created the following file:
# cat /etc/xen/domu-sarge
#  -*- mode: python; -*-
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-4-xen-686"
#kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8-3-686-smp"
memory = 128
name = "domu-sarge"
vif = [' bridge=xen-br0' ]
disk = ['phy:/dev/system/sarge,hdb1,w','phy:/dev/system/sarge-swap,hdb2,w']
ip="192.168.0.10"
netmask="255.255.255.0"
gateway="192.168.0.1"
hostname = "server1"
root = "/dev/hdb1 ro"
extra = "4"

The domU interfaces looks like that:
# cat /mnt/sarge/etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto xen-br0
iface xen-br0 inet static
name Ethernet LAN card
address 192.168.0.10
netmask 255.255.255.0
broadcast 192.168.0.255
network 192.168.0.0
gateway 192.168.0.1

If that is correct how do I have to configure the dom0 interfaces?

I think I have to create the bridge interface. But I don't know how
exactly. I am worried that if I make a mistake here I will loose my ssh
connection.

Please help me with this critical step.

Regards,
Marco