Re: [Xen-users] Wired problem with win 2003 server guest

  • To: Yevgeniy Goldberg <thegoldberg@xxxxxxx>
  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:50:39 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 00:47:28 -0700

Yevgeniy Goldberg wrote:
Greetings

I'm having a wired issue with my win 2003 server guest.
Instead of being captured my mouse just being "followed" by the Windows mouse, but with a significant distance.
This makes any reasonable tasks impossible to do.
Does anyone know how to solve this?

-Eugene
I see similar behavior with virt-manager under RHEL and CentOS. Don't use the VNC layered on top of Xen. Install RealVNC on the Windows 2003 Server, and use it directly with a standard VNC client, or use the built-in Terminal Server and a UNIX/Linux client instead as being far more efficient.

Getting the details of VNC right through the layers of abstraction and X translation and everything else is begging for confusion: I ran into such fun and games back when I did perhaps the first port of VNC to SunOS. Every layer adds potential for confusion.