RE: [Xen-users] PV drivers for Windows

  • To: "Igor Chubin" <igor@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:38:29 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 02:37:31 -0700

As far as I'm aware, the XenExpress (i.e. "free" version of
XenEnterprise) has PV Windows drivers included, and from what I
understand, as long as you have a close-enough [don't ask me to define
close-enough!] version of Xen to the version that XenExpress is built on
top of, you should (from a technical standpoint - see below) be able to
use the drivers.

I believe Novell has some drivers too.

I haven't used either version of drivers.

> And what is the license for the drivers?

I'm not sure exactly what the license says, but XenExpress would have a
license agreement, which I believe is limited on the number of guests
per machine. I'm not entirely sure what that gives if you're not
actually using anything but the drivers supplied within XenExpress
[there was a discussion before on how to actually get those drivers into
a Windows installed some time back - try a search on XenExpress, Windows
PV drivers or some such, and you shouldn't be far off].

--
Mats