Re: [Xen-users] network-bridge problem (maybe debian etch related)

hi,

Guillaume Lenoir schrieb:
> When/where do you declare your bridge ?
> Do you declare it by hand ? because I don't see it in the interfaces
> config.

that is, what i do not understand. The bridge exists, i posted the
"brctl show" output. I red, that:

1. a bridge, called xenbr0, would created
2. the real eth0 brought down
3. the IP from the eth0 are copied to veth0
4. the real eth0 renamed to peth0
5. virtual veth0 ist now eth0 on Dom0
6. peth0 and vif0.0 are connected via xenbr0 bridge
7. the bridge, peth0, eth0 and vif0.0 are brought up

so, why i have to declare a xenbr0 in /etc/interfaces? or, in the grml
howto, xenintbr?

> auto xenbr0
> iface xenbr0 inet static
>         pre-up brctl addbr xenbr0
>         post-down brctl delbr xenbr0
>         bridge_fd 0
>         bridge_hello 0
>         bridge_stp off

however, this does not work for me. Debian tells me, that are some
variables are missing and xenbr0 exists, while Xend (closer, while
network-bridge script) is running.

cu denny