Re: [Xen-users] xen-install on existing debian etch

Hi Inaki,

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
Easier (with Debian Etch):

  apt-get install xen-linux-system-2.6.18-4-xen-686 bridge-utils libc6-xen

what's that libc6-xen? Does it conflict with my existing libc6? Please remember that I would like to use an existing system.

After installing the kernel I should have a new grub stanza to boot
right into dom0. This would be my existing system, running the new xen
kernel. Like everytime after installing a new kernel, right?

Installing xen-linux-system-2.6.18-4-xen-686 will add the Grub xen entry. Note that this entry include:
  xen-3.0.3-1-i386-pae.gz - The Xen core system that manages dom0 and domU's.
  vmlinuz-2.6.18-4-xen-686 - The Xen capable kernel for dom0 (and maybe domU).

Is it really *-pae? I thought there were to different systems, one with pae (for special hardware?), one without?

Or do I miss s.th. essentially?

Remember the network setting in Xen. Am easy option is to activate a direct bridge between peth0 (the real and phisics interface), and dom0 and domu interfaces. For that in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp:
  (network-script network-bridge)
  (vif-script vif-bridge)

Well, I will look at that closly - I always had problems with qemu and network via bridges, hopefully that will be easier with xen!

Cheers!

--
Personal weblog and more: http://bischof.homelinux.net

Stilblüten aus Polizeiberichten und Gerichtsverhandlungen:
Nach ambulanter Behandlung konnte der junge Mann seinen Finger wieder
mit nach Hause nehmen.