Re: [Xen-users] xen-install on existing debian etch

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 15:09:06 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 May 2007 06:07:41 -0700

El Wednesday 09 May 2007 13:25:20 xensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx escribió:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> > Note that if your dom0 kernel support PAE then xen-hypervisor MUST
> > support PAE, and the same with domU.
> > The Debian Etch Xen kernel DOES support PAE, so you NEED
> > xen-hypervisor-pae. If not dom0 won't start.
>
> Ah, thanks for making that clear. I have 2gigs of memory, but I guess
> PAE is supposed to run with systems less than 4G as well?

No, you can run xen-hypervisor-pae with less than 4Gb without perfetly. In
fact use it instead of the non-pae version, because some Xen kernels (like
Debian Etch Xen kernel) is PAE kernel and it needs xen-hypervisor-pae to run
as domU.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc@xxxxxxxxxxxx