RE: [Xen-users] SMP support in Windows domU

> 3.0.5 (which has just a few days ago been renamed 3.1.0) is quite stable
> at the moment, so it's worth a try. If you're not using "special"
> features, I believe that a reasonably recent version of 3.0.5 (like in
> the last several weeks) would be good enough [I'm working on HVM
> save/restore, which has been broken/fixed several times during the last
> few weeks, but that's a new feature for 3.1.0, so not surprising that
> it's a bit more fragile than the standard "create/destroy domain"
> commands].

I'm still to fresh in installing XEN so I need to first base on some
working example form the installation CD or someone tutorials. This will
probably be hard form my to setup XEN 3.1 manually.

> This particular scenario is almost completely related to which version
> of Xen used. Whilst there are different versions of Xen included in
> different distributions, the distribution itself is of negligable impact
> of whether you can run (for example) Windows SMP.

I suspecting this...but I think that there is more such newbie as I and
thy success with some strict distribution, and have the know path to do
it.

> You'll probably find that there's some information in "xm dmesg" that
> tells you that some opcode isn't supported in the MMIO handling - I
> think that's the case here.

I will try it, after I restore some working installation...my defiantly
crash now after I try install XEN 3.0.4 from tgz on my openSuse
installation :)

Thanks for the information and some routes... I will notice if I establish
working solution...while I found that in the net its is very hard to find
the answers for the XEN question as you are newbie.

Bart