Re: [Xen-users] Upgrade Proceedure

From: Ian Tobin [mailto:itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: 14 May 2007 10:13
To: Petersson, Mats; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Upgrade Proceedure

Hi,

Is there an uninstall script?

You can do "make uninstall", but you need to have the "old" version of
source-code on the target machine to do this. [Which is great for
developers that use the a single machine for Xen-development and
testing].

Hi Ian, Mats,

Thought I'd chime in here because I got bitten using the make uninstall script.

Within the Makefile uninstall section is this line:

    rm -rf $(D)/boot/*xen*

This will remove every file in your boot directory that contains the string "xen", so things like vixen or roxen will also match. More relevant though is that it will also remove previous versions of xen. If you are no longer interested in them, or don't care that you may have to rebuild them this is not a problem. If it matters that you retain prior kernels you may want to comment out that line in the Makefile. In the current unstable that's somewhere around line #186.

Just a heads up ;)

Mike Wright :m)