RE: [Xen-users] problems creating wondows 2003 guest

> Sorry Mats ,  But you are saying to modify grub.conf to use
> serial port as console.
> like
> serial --unit=0 --speed=115200 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1
>
> or we have something to define in config file of hvm domain
> itself to do this.

Ehm, since the original post was about Windows, I'd say that Grub has
nothing to do with it [yes, it's technically possible to use grub to
boot windows, but it's not exactly the ideal solution for a virtual
machine, as you PROBABLY don't install it for dual-boot with Linux on
the same virtual disk, so what advantage does grub give?].

But if you want to use "xm console" for the HVM virtual machine, and
you're using GRUB to boot, then you'd want something like the above
line, along with a "console=ttyS0" on the "vmlinuz" line where you
specify the kernel for the virtual machine (i.e. /boot/grub/grub.conf
inside the virtual machine).

--
Mats