[Xen-users] Xen scheduler setup

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Ashish Gupta" <ashishgup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:09:35 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 16 May 2007 13:08:06 -0700

Hi,

I have been trying to setup Xen scheduling but have some questions:
1. When do we exactly specify the scheduler to use ? At dom0 boot time (i.e. when the host boots) or when the domU is created with xm ?

2. Can we change the scheduler when a domU is already running ?

3. Can we change the existing scheduler parameters at runtime for domU or dom0 ?

4. How do we figure out which scheduler is currently being used ?

The answers are probably straightforward but I haven't found a tutorial or a guide that explains these points, esp 2,3, or 4.

I am trying to experiment with the bvt scheduler and tried passing sched=bvt at xm create time. But I can't figure out if its actually being used or how to change its parameters.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Ashish

--