Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1 Performance

Michael Watters wrote:
Has anybody else noticed that dom0 runs a lot worse under Xen 3.1? With 3.0.4 my load average on dom0 was 0, now it's 10 with all of my domUs running. It seems like the qemu-dm processes is what's causing the load.
Ok, for those that are curious I figured out what the problem was. When I rebooted the server after upgrading the kernel all of my domUs had to run file system checks which was causing the load on dom0 to increase. I'm not sure why disk I/O in a child domain affects dom0 so much but once everything finished it went back to normal. One other thing I noticed, all of my Windows domains came up with new NICs detected so I had to reconfigure the network on each one. Have the virtual NIC interfaces changed between 3.0 and 3.1? Is there a changelog anywhere? Is there a way to use a different chipset as the virtual NIC? Windows Server 2008 won't connect to the network so I'd like to try using a different driver.