[Xen-users] Re: 32-bit userland programs on 64-bit Xen kernel?

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 03:14:03PM -0400, Adam Seering wrote:
>       I have a Debian Etch amd64 dom0; I'm trying to run 32-bit userland
> programs in it (particularly, wine, and various precompiled stuff).
> I'm currently unable to do so; any 32-bit binary is seen as not-
> executable.  I appear to have the appropriate compiler flags enabled
> to make 32-bit programs run (what flags are needed?; does Xen need
> anything special?); is this just not possible with Xen?

That's a userland problem, nothing to do with Xen; if you're running a
64-bit userland (ie 'dpkg --print-architecture' reports 'amd64' instead of
'i386') you need to install the ia32-libs package to get the 32-bit dynamic
linker and basic libraries.

- Matt