RE: [Xen-users] Windows 2003 x64 under Debian amd64 - hangs on "Setupis Starting Windows"

  • To: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Woller, Thomas" <thomas.woller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 21:02:03 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 20 May 2007 19:00:45 -0700

AMD has tested windows 2003 SP1/SP2 64b HVM guests with xen 3.1 without
any issues on AMD-V, uniproc and SMP HALs.  Also, 1, 2, 3, 4 VCPUs, and
using pae/acpi/apic=1 in guest config file.
SLES10SP1 is based on 3.0.4 and that also passed testing, but there were
some backported patches that might help with APIC/ACPI.
So, there could be some issues with base 3.0.4 and windows 64b HVM
guests, I'll look at the older test logs and see if there were any known
issues, including with apci/apic settings for install.

Bottom line is if you use 3.1 you should be fine with win2003 64bit on
AMD-v.

tom