[Xen-users] Bridging under XEN 3.0.4

G'day all,

I am having a problem with XEN 3.0.4. Occasionally, when I have to reboot a VM with multiple NICs, the network devices appear to swap - i.e., eth0 now appears to be going through xenbr1 and eth1 now appears to be going through xenbr0 whereas earlier eth0 and xenbr0 were aligned and so were eth1 and xenbr1. I have temporarily fixed it by swapping the ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 files and restarting the network on the VMs however I would like to fix it properly. Any ideas on how I might go about doing this?

Note: Looking at the logs the correct MAC addresses (for the VM) are being assigned to the interfaces on the correct bridges. The results however indicate that something else happened.

Regards,

Wayne Mallett

Dr. Wayne Mallett
High Perf. & Research Computing Support