[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Re: Xen 3.1 released!

Petersson, Mats schrieb:

 - 32-on-64 PV guest support (run PAE PV VMs on a 64-bit Xen!); and
I checked - indeed it works. It is possible to create a 32 bit PV guest on a 64-bit Xen.

However, migration of such hosts doesn't seem to work: whenever I try to migrate a 32-bit PV guest from a 64-bit Xen to a 32-bit Xen (or the other way around), it fails, and the guest domain is not reachable anymore.

No, I seem to remember that this is a known bug - check the Xen Devel
mailing list archive for the last few weeks, I'm 99% sure there is a
mention about this particular problem, and I don't think it's
(completely) fixed in unstable yet either.

I didn't find any posts about it - at least, not after the 3.1 release date (maybe it was discussed earlier).

Also, there's one more feature which doesn't work for me:

 - Preliminary save/restore/migrate support for HVM (e.g. Windows) VMs;

What does "preliminary" mean here? I tried saving/restoring HVM domains, but it just doesn't work.

When I try to do /etc/init.d/xendomains stop, it does something for a long time, and then, my SSH session is just disconnected.

When I log in again, xend doesn't work anymore:

# xm list
Error: Unable to connect to xend: Connection refused. Is xend running?

When I start xend again, and then start xendomains, there is my domain in a weird state:

# xm list
Name ID Mem VCPUs State Time(s)
Domain-0                                   0   256     2     r-----    134.9
migrating-w2k3-001                         2  1759     1     ---s--     64.4

Similar happens when I try to save the domain manually:

# xm save w2k3-001 /srv/check-2k

And Xen server restarted.

(...)

I inspected the logs, and it was the OOM-killer. Should it ever happen when saving a guest domain? Xen host has 256 MB RAM for dom0 (3 GB total), Xen guest 1.7 GB.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org