Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Re: Xen 3.1 released!

Keir Fraser schrieb:
On 25/5/07 14:20, "Tomasz Chmielewski" <mangoo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hmmm... That's not so explicable. Obviously something in save/restore is
causing unpageable allocations to happen. Could be pagetables for mappings
of HVM guest memory, or something like that. Needs investigating further, I
think.
Could be.

Now that I repeated the save/restore a couple of times, total RAM usage
for dom0 jumps to ~700 MB sometimes during domain save (dom0 has now
about 2.3 GB RAM, domU has 1.7 GB RAM; 4 GB RAM installed now in the
machine).

The only thing I would expect could so dramatically inflate dom0's memory
usage would be caching of disc blocks from the saved image file. But we
added explicit cache flushing to both domain-save and domain-restore before
releasing 3.1. The flushes are only advisory though, so perhaps they are
getting ignored for some reason.

For your notice, I just saw 1.3 GB RAM usage when doing a 1.7 GB HVM domain save :)

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org